Capacity Assessment of Informal Economy Association on HIV/AIDS Program Delivery
Description of Project
This assignment focused on the assessment of the informal sector to come up with deductions on the situation of HIV/AIDS in the sector and the effectiveness of HIV/AIDS interventions. Through extensive literature review, assessment of the effectiveness of current strategies on prevention, treatment and care, support and mitigation through field visits and consultative meetings targeting the informal sector, the capacity assessment identified gaps and challenges. it pointed out strategies and activities to enhance accessibility and equability of HIV programmes to both women and men in the informal sector.
MDS was tasked to:
- Conduct a gap-analysis on the Informal Economy Associations’ mandate, personnel and finding, relevant to the effective implementation of HIV/AIDS programmes
- Assess each IEA structure, geographic coverage, and membership distribution, in relation to effective implementation of HIV/AIDS programmes
- Determine specific training needs and requirements of the respective of the IEA and identify innovative means of conducting the trainings with minimum disruption to IE workers
- Carry out an analysis on the capacity of IEA to mainstream gender equality and human rights in their programmes.
- Using the information gathered from the assessments and analysis, propose capacity development strategy and plan.